Whenever I see something I need on Groupon or Living Social, I buy the deal.
10 questions you wish you could ask her.
- 1. Where do you live?
- 2. How old are you?
- 3. Relationship Status?
- 4. Education
- 5. What do you do and how much do you earn?
- Public Servant, $70k
- 6. Can you share the story of how your career began and the salaries along the way?
- My first job was in hospitality earning $13 per hour. After I finished Uni, I went overseas for a few years to travel and had odd jobs teaching English. Upon returning to Sydney, I found a job in the public sector. I’ve been in the same department for 8 years. My salary has progressed slowly each year. The pay isn’t high but job security is important to me, which is why I have tried to progress up the ladder within the same organisation.
- 7. What has been your biggest financial challenge and success?
- I have a mortgage on my own so it’s been hard doing it on my own. My success was purchasing my property when I returned from overseas. I’m glad I got into the property when I did, as real estate seems out of reach for most people.
- 8. What savings/debt do you have?
- Any surplus money I have goes towards the mortgage repayments so I don’t have much savings and the only debt I have is the mortgage which is roughly $150k.
- 9. What does financial security mean to you?
- It means not worrying about money, owning my home and anything else is a bonus.
- 10. What’s the best money advice you can give to women?
- Whenever I see something I need (such as new haircut or dinner out with friends) on Groupon or Living Social, I buy the deal. Knowing the full retail price, I then bank the difference to my online saver account.
Australian community dedicated to improving financial literacy through media & events designed to connect, encourage and inspire all women. Join today!
View all posts by WITB →
This is a Vietnamese woman selling waffles in front of the Louis Vuitton store in District.1 in Saigon, Vietnam. You notice the contrast between poverty …
Women In The Black is a community where like-minded women discuss personal finance, saving, investing and building wealth.